2018 RXT-230 Steering Cable Asseumbly (rear)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

dwlovatt74

Good morning All - first time poster.

I did look elswhere in the forum but cannot find this specific issue, apologies if I misseed it and please direct me there if you see this issue previously being discussed.

On my RXT-230, the rear steering cable assembly seems to have come apart from / at the o-ring.I circled it in the attached picture. This means that, under pressure on the water, i cannot turn left. The whole 'piston' unit seems to be moving, whereas I think it shoudl stay in place and only the inner cable should move.

Is this a sealed unit that you have to purchase or is it something that can be push-fit or screwed back together? I have the service manual (http://b2b.ski-sea.com/ftp/01 - SER...ANUAL/SEA-DOO 2022/MY22 PWC RXP Series_en.pdf) and on page 143 it appears that it is a sealed unit, but I know from the OEM website, you can buy the parts individually. 2019 Sea-Doo RXT 230 Steering | BRPPartsPitstop.com (part 540c should be fixed in place to the 570's i think.

Any help greatfully received!

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 9
Back