99 GTXrfi won't rev until after 5 minutes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomenglin

My 99 GTXrfi is having an issue that has me stumped. When I started it up last week it would not rev over 3300 for a while. Then it started intermittently revving for a while, then finally it ran at full revs fine, so I thought I had blown out the problem. Yesterday, it did the same thing. Started OK, but would not rev over 3350. I cruised around at 3350 for a while, then it started kicking in and ran great the rest of the day. Seems like something mechanical is sticking, then frees up when the temp comes up. Any clues??

could be your carb needs cleaning or your rave valves

the tiny filters in ur carb might need to be replaced, to check you rave take off your black caps,push down on the raves and put your finger over the air nipple , then let go of the rave it should not come back up , if so then the raves are leaking. easy fix

Checked out the raves and they are moving well and clean. Also checked out the pressure lines and check valve and all was well. Checked out the plugs and they looked wet and black. Changed them and now it is running great. We will see if the problem comes back after some time on the new plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back