99 gtx rattles like its hitting metal but runs great

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

poindexter

Hi.
Last fall my ski's pump seized up and pulled it for the season as I was moving and no place was available to rebuild it... I did however pull it and put it in a tote... then winterized the engine...
I rebuilt the pump and installed it and when I fired it up, there was a banking of metal (sound), coming from the engine, actually sounded like in the exhaust..... I pulled the main exhaust and found one bolt was missing of the two and replaced it.. its now better but there is still some intermittent metal rattle sound...
I should note that when I did the pump, there were no driveshaft bumpers. I installed them and put all new parts in... I cannot find where the clanging is coming from... does anyone have any ideas where to look?? is there a metal baffle in the exhaust that could have come loose? is it possible that the shaft bumpers were stopping this from happening?? ( I purchased this unit used so I can only assume that whoever worked on it before removed the little bumbers from reason..
the driveshaft turns true just runningj out of options...
The engine runs great so I assume its either in the exhaust (supports are firm) .. sounds like its in the engine compartement...
help is appreciated..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back