99 GSX Limited Info Gauge Problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruz427

Hello all,

Yesterday I picked up my first PWC a 1999 Sea Doo GSX Limited. It’s in really good shape and runs well but has one issue. The info gauge is not working properly and I have attached a picture to show this. The speedometer works perfectly fine. Also, when I attach they key it makes a quick beep. Is this normal? Any thoughts on what the problem is with the gauge?
9E4546E7-CE1A-4F0F-AA15-39A7EB764206.jpeg
Thanks,
Cruz

Your gauge looks ver clear and readable. If the fuel level is reading properly I wouldn't do anything. I'll repeat... it's not worth messing with.

It’s very clear and easy to read but what you see in the picture is what it displays all the time. No rpm, no trim position, no fuel level just those tiles on the lcd.

Well you don't need it to ride the ski. :D Most of these old gauges don't work and they get more expensive every year and you're buying old junk. LOL I've repaired a few and so have other members. It is nice when they work. It all depends on what it is worth to you.

Well you don't need it to ride the ski. :D Most of these old gauges don't work and they get more expensive every year and you're buying old junk. LOL I've repaired a few and so have other members. It is nice when they work. It all depends on what it is worth to you.
Yeah I totally understand that! I would really like to get it working here over the winter. The previous owner who is a good friend of mine said it was working the last time he rode it about 2 weeks ago. I have a feeling that since it is clear and turns on that it is just an issue with a wire or connector but I'm not familiar with these gauges and will have to look into it a bit.

It looks like the connection internally that drives the LCD segments is not making good contact. You might try to verify that by gentility tapping on it to see if the display changes. In any case, if you are adventurous, you can open it up and examine the connections. If you are lucky, maybe an internal connector to the LCD is not seated properly or dirty. The may also be some broken or cold solder joints that go to the LCD that can easily be touched up with a soldering iron. The hardest part is removing the front cover of the infogauge. There are youtube videos on that. This one looks like yours but from a different model year:

You can see the connector to the LCD board and the soldered pin connections also in the video. I looks like you get no useful information out of the display the way it is and if that is the case and you are careful I don't think you will make it any worse. Good luck.

I don't know what to tell you how to keep the humidity out of there once you open it. I live near the Gulf of Mexico and humidity is always high here. Everytime I do a gauge there is condensation in there after I seal it up.

Hmmm... since it is locked up you might want to look at the buttons on the handle bar pad. Press them a few times and determine if they are working properly.

You could also buy a crap gauge and change out the electronic board. I guarantee you some clown is gonna want $300 for a gauge as nice as yours that works. There are better things to spend that kinda money on that will keep/make your ski reliable. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back