98 spx, can adjustment of the nozzle affect wear ring?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dual spx

I have a 98 spx. I bought this boat a few months back and when riding, noticed that the trim would only go up between 1/2 to 3/4 on the gauge. I could tell it wasn't just the gauge due to the way it handled. I have a 97 spx that does not have this problem. I adjusted the small rod where the trim adjustment arm meets the nozzle so that I would get a higher trim setting when I adjusted the trim up as far as it would go. The next time I put it in the water it ran great. Much better handling and ran faster than before. I pushed it pretty hard that day. The next day I got on it and went for a ride and the wear ring was shot. No power and high rpms. I am replacing the wear ring now and need to know if the adjustment of the nozzle is anyway related to burning up the wear ring or was this strictly a coincidence?

Any help would be appreciated!! Love to go fast but not at the expense of wear ring replacement.

Kevin

I have to think it was coincidental. The only relationship they share is the water passing through them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. Thanks. I was going to adjust it back if there was a chance it could do it again. I haven't looked at the VTS yet to see why it doesn't go all the way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back