98 speedster ski pylon

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shanem

When I bought the boat it did not come with the ski pylon. I assume it bent and they removed it as the mount is still there.

I am going to get one fabricated out of stainless but I have nothing to go by. Would someone be able to forward me the measurements.

Need;
pipe diameter
pipe thickness
length of pipe

diameter and height of plastic knob

and a picture if you could.

Thanks

Is this a speedster or an sk speedster? IIRC the poles are different. There is also an angled notch in the tube where the catch locks into.

I tried to fix my bent pole. The pole you want to manufacture was not bent it was the mount tubing that was bent on my boat. Pole would just bind and get stuck.

Shipping is the killer for where I am located. Most of the ebay listings are ~$60 to ship here. Now I'm up to $200 CAD for a inadequate pole. Would rather have a machine shop make a sturdier one out of stainless for less.

I still have the mount and the flange. Probably the best bet would be to size the pipe based on that. Does anyone know the length of the tube and pole (minus the cap)?

Once you make the pole, you will find out that it is the mount tubing that is bent. But here you go

Length: 14.5 in
Width: 25.50 mm

This is my old pole; I cut a 1/4 inch off the bottom which had a groove that was broken and had a sharp edge. The stock pole is solid aluminum.

IMG_20160728_051810391.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect. Thank you sir.

The tube that it slides in is also missing. Seems it broke at the flange as both of them are still bolted on. I plan on replacing the pole and tube with stainless if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back