98 GTX limited one long beep

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wragu79

I was out riding ski starts fine, runs fine,but after running start to get one long beep (2.5-3 secs)then stops but does it again in couple minutes.It also will beep just sittin in driveway with key on but not started.Any Ideas

Means you have a bad connection between the safety lanyard and the post. Try cleaning it and put it back on until you get two short beeps and your ready.

I'm getting the two beeps when I put the key on. Then, after 30 seconds or so, I get the one, long beep. It cycles through to another beep about every two minutes or so - in the driveway or riding.

Yeah if you leave it on there and don't start it it will beep once and then shut down. Just take it off and put it back on let it beep twice then fire it up.

Same problem here - 1998 GSX limited while running.

1) Always get 2 beeps upon lanyard connection
2) Every 2-3 minutes while running the engine gives 1 long beep
3) Been doing this about the last 3-4 hoours
4) Occurred about the same time the digital fuel gauge quit working
5) All fuses good
6) Self diagnostic codes via beeps indicate no problems

Latest development
1) While riding the entire seadoo died
2) The 5 amp MPEM fuse was blown
3) New fuses blow within 3 seconds upon insertion
4) Still get the 2 good beeps with lanyard before fuse fails
5) Have disconnected majority of harnesses, getting ready to trace the reamining harnesses for shorts via schematics

Mpem.....

KCseadoo-Your problem is going to be the mpem. Look up in the "buy/sell/trade section and look up "All Things Custom". He has a small shop and has a fix for the mpem when they blow the fuse.

He's reasonably priced and has fixed several for member in the forum.

All the other post, nswillin has answered your questions. That's experience in action from a premium member. Thanks for helping these guys out. I just came across this post. So, they got an answer quicker by your response. Thanks again.:cheers:

Hey guys - thanks for your input. However, I don't think the original question is being answered. I believe my problem went from annoying to serious and is beyond the long beep now.

"While running the Seadoos, continue to emit a very long beep every 2-3 minutes."

1) The boats are not off, so the machine is not timing out and giving a beep.

2) In my case the lanyard connections always works perfectly with 2 beeps upon connection - never had an issue. Cleaned everything regardless.

3) A failed post sounds interesting; however, if the DESS/post is failing from partial disconnects one might expect the machine to shut down. The seadoo runs great while idling or at speed when the long beep occurs.

4) the frequency of the beep is very regular; i didn't personally time it, wishing i did for everyone's input

5) the other interesting point is the advanced diagnostics show the MPEM to report no errors

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same issue on my 98 GSX. Is the fuel level displaying on the gauge? If not, you have an issue with your fuel baffle. The beep is a low fuel indicator. On mine, I had to fix the internal baffle fuse (search on here - there are posts about it). You may also have a bad baffle float. It was nice to finally get it fixed and end the annoying beep.

i think it could be any indicator. low fuel, low oil, hot, low batt. check em all.especially check that the warning indicators are not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back