97 xp plug reading (stalling )

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdessewffy

I took (tried to)both my 97 xp out this morning. I rebuilt both engines with the help of this forum. One is perfect, but the other I need more help. It started and ran in driveway but stalled a couple times. I put in water but still on trailer and same thing. It would run for 5 to 10 seconds and stall. It keeps starting and I can rev it to get more running time but left at idle too long stalls. I didn't want to keep messing with it because no water was coming out of pisser, so I just ran other ski. Came back and pulled plugs and picture shows result. Compression is 140 and 142. Genuine Mikuni carb rebuild, but did not replace needle and seat, but passed all tests for pop off leaks etc. Smokes a lot but probably because for first half tank I'm running premix and the oil injection system so I dont fry it. My first thought is a carb adjustment, even though I know its right when I rebuilt it but noone is perfect and I make a lot of mistakes. Any ideas? What should I check next? I held plugs in picture in relation to engine in case that mattered. THANKS!

Attachments

• 20201129_110555.jpg
    20201129_110555.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back