Water in cylinders

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jshepherd

I'm new to the forum posting wise.. I recently bought a 97 seadoo gti that ran out the water but would die in the water. After looking I noticed gray fuel lines so I changed those and new spark plugs, drained old gas and rebuilt carb. I just put it in the water and it ran rough at first then wouldn't crank back. After I got back to the house I took spark plugs out and noticed water on them. Then I turned motor over and quite a bit of water shot out possibly mixed with a little oil.. am I screw or could someone maybe point me in a direction. Could it b possibly a head gasket? Even when I took the carb off my intake gasket was soaked.. so it my motor done and need rebuilt

There is really only two ways these get water in them.
1. People run them on the garden hose and don't know you can NEVER have the water ON with the engine OFF.
2. Rolling the ski over in the water and sucking water from the bilge into the carbs.

You need to get the water out and the engine running immediately or you will rust internal engine parts.

When using garden hose ,the process is ,turn ski on, true water on, turn water off , then turn ski off. Otherwise you can flood the engine with water. As Mikidymac says run that engine to get all the moisture out and then see if it takes on water after she is running well again. One thing to remember don't run the ski too long out of the water, the carrier bearing/carbon seal gets hot when it is running and is cooled by water from the lake/ocean/river. So nothing is cooling it while you are on the hose or otherwise.

Back