97 SPX MPEM and lanyard switch Q

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

getriel

I am suspecting my MPEM is dead but I am still holding out some hope that I don’t have to spend $$$$ to get a new one. I bought the boat used and it ran fine on the lake during trials. Get it home in the drivewayand had trouble starting it with an inability to get the 2 beep code(was typically just one). It eventually started and ran so I could flush it out, but after that session it will not start or issue any beep codes.

I verified power and ground all the way to the MPEM and fuses are all good(never have blown one), did all kinds of checks on the attached devices per the shop manual, reseated all the individual wire connections in the elec box. VTS works as well.

The magnet in the DESS key clearly makes a connection on the safety lanyard switch as it is open(infinite resistance) when the DESS key is not installed, but my only concern there is I get about a 50ohm reading between the blk and blk/ylw wires coming off the lanyard switch when the DESS key is installed. The shop manual says it should be “close to 0” in this state.

My question here is could the 50 ohm resistance prevent the MPEM from initializing?

Can I safely short the black and blk/ylw wires together to test my theory?

Help please>>>>>

Just do what I did .. beat the dang thing on the work bench then test it ... :)

No joke man .. it really fixed mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back