97 Seadoo Spx build

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm def not spending the coin it takes to get a single gauge hood just for that. Before doing that I'd epoxy the hole shut and paint it for $5. And no don't worry I would never do that.

i picked my hood up for $25 shipped

you can do it. just cant be scared. like ankeneyou said, the rattle can will work just fine and if it doesn't turn out just sand and do again...

Took me forever to find a mint 96 xp hood. I'd rather not find another one and paint it. I'll continue to look for the plugs.

Took me forever to find a mint 96 xp hood. I'd rather not find another one and paint it. I'll continue to look for the plugs.

yea, my wife loves that style of hood. some people love them some people hate them. you still have a clean ski tho

Let me see what I have in my storage. I may be able to just bring you one to the meetup. You could just run dual gas gauges or dual trim to fill the hole, lol.

Let me see what I have in my storage. I may be able to just bring you one to the meetup. You could just run dual gas gauges or dual trim to fill the hole, lol.
Awesome. Hah I have another trim gauge. I actually have a speedo that I kept there, but over that.

318.jpg

I had the Seadoo yellow matched, the John Deere was closer lol

Damn, i've tried multiple Lowes and Home Depot and none of them have it. I've seen it on eBay and Amazon for a decent price though

It's all been covered above but I'll just recap. The primer draws fuel in the angled barb and spits it out through the straight barb. You can put a finger over those fittings to confirm. It will only draw in one and only spit air out of one while you hold it in your hand to test.

Those primers are crap now and can't be trusted. The old ones would last five years at least, now they spit gas at me while I'm pumping them in the first year sometimes. WFO noticed this a couple years ago and I saw it myself soon after. It might be ethanol but I think another Chinese company just got the contract that has lesser quality control. The racers have moved to these button primers http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIMER-KIT-...ash=item2362e5139f:g:qVEAAOSwB4NWv8yY&vxp=mtr I've installed my first one in my black XPL and it works pretty good.

Since we know the traditional primer will fail you want to keep it off your supply line. If you run on the ON channel and only use the RES for emergencies then the RES is a good place. Otherwise I do it like 1 of 500 said (originally taught this by Crockett on pwctoday may he RIP) I loop the return line and put my T in the bottom of the loop. That way there is always a few squirts worth of fuel there and there is zero risk of loosing an engine from the primer drawing in air. I tried a low spot in the return line at first on the Zebra ski and like Suke I was never able to get any fuel pumping when the ski had been sitting (when you need it most haha).

Just installed my plunge type Primer and it has made in USA stamped all over it, so hoping that it will last more than a season. Got mine at Atlantic Jetsports.

Just installed my plunge type Primer and it has made in USA stamped all over it, so hoping that it will last more than a season. Got mine at Atlantic Jetsports.
Let me knit how that goes. I got the ball style also that matt recommended. I can't believe I always used the choke in the past. This is way easier

Let me knit how that goes. I got the ball style also that matt recommended. I can't believe I always used the choke in the past. This is way easier
Yah I've got both types just in case. The plunger looks to be better quality than the button type I got off ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back