97 gtx rev limiter issue, learner key prob?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhuckaby

hello, i have a 97 gtx that runs very well. the issue at hand is that the rpm will hold at 5300 which holds the ski down to about 35 mph. every time it happens it is always the same rpm and limited to the same speed. it does not do this all the time but it happens every time you ride it. it does not misfire or act like it is choking. if you let off the throttle and then re-aply it will go right back up to normal operation. the only consistant time i get it to do it is in a hard left turn when you let off the throttle(not idle, just backing off from full throttle) then get back on it. it will act like it is being limited on rpm. then if i let off and reaply it usually is normal again. on the last ride out this happened several times and for the first time i had to let off and reaply the throttle several times before it cleared. i was not pumping the throttle so as to act like an accelerater pump, i dont think its carb related. the marina at the lake i use rents seadoo's and they said they could try reprograming the key. just wondering if anyone has any ideas i can look for.
1 other issue is that when i start it the maintenece light comes on for a few seconds then goes off, is this an indication that the computer sees something wrong? i have replaced the spark plugs and shortened and clipped the plug wires already.
thanks,
bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back