97 Challenger VERY hard to start!!! ANY ideas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

thezamfamily

Like i said before once its running it runs great. But it just cranks over and over and over. Then at the point im about to give up it starts. Not sure how much more the starter can handle. Ive tried switching to reserve same thing on reserve. Is there a inline fuel filter i can check. I plan on joining as a premium member in a month or so (hoping to most of the work myself with help) when i take it out for the year. If it makes it that long. Its presently in the water for the next 2 days, then i will bring it home. Any ideas that i can try while its at the dock. Doesnt seem to be a spark plug issue, its like its not getting the fuel it needs to start. 3/4s full of gas Thanks for any input.

if it sits

Once it runs , it will restart , if it sits for say more 10 15 minutes its a bitch to start. Went out at noon..hard start...ran great..docked it...went out again at 6pm very hard start...started ran great...docked it...set for 5 minutes..restarted fine...id say any more than 15 minutes its very hard to start. Not sure how long i can let it sit.. with this issue once im on open water im scared to turn it off.... what do you mean by fuel delivery? Ill probably sit at the dock and mess with it, see how long it takes before its hard to start. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back