97 Challenger Bimini Install Before & After

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

thezamfamily

Picked this up for less than $350 Any sunbrella color too. Take your time installing this, i made a few minor mistakes but it turned out ok! Working on my Hawkeye Depth Guage Tomarrow.

Attachments

• sd8.jpg
    sd8.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 149
  • sd1.jpg
    sd1.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 163
  • sd2.jpg
    sd2.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 152
  • sd4.jpg
    sd4.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 149
That is a HUGE cover. Be careful with that on that boat (same boat I have) you may hit a wave and not come back down for 20 or 30 yards...

Mine is only covering the rear seats, fits tighter than that, and has a strap only on the front. It is pretty tight, but if I get going 45-ish on it, and hit a wave, it will hold the boat off the water for a little while (which, as of today, the wife is beginning to like...:hurray:).

I may tighten up by pulling the straps tighter. Get all the "flap" out of it if you can.

Attachments

• 1_010rs.jpg
    1_010rs.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 225
Yes it is Huge!!

My wife wanted it to cover the rear and spotter seat. Probably wont do too much (at more than idle speed) with it up, we like to sit off the beaches and swim with the kids and make a day of it. Plan on makeing adjustments to it to tighten it up. Straps arent overly tight, wasnt sure what would be too tight. Also planning on lowering it too. Got it from websweeper.com which took me to ameri brand. It was $293 plus shipping. Thanks for the input

I had a custom one made for my 200 speedster. I had it made to be stream lined with very little "brim" around it.This way it won't parachute up. It holds up at speeds of over 55 mph. I have see similar Bimini's like yours that only were good at no wake speeds, and riped to shreds at any speed. You have to have it real tight or it will be history the first "gust" of wind that hits it. It won't matter if your sitting still or running with it under speed. It has to be tight, or say good by...Check out more pictures of my sold Challenger in the picture gallery. Scooper77515 bought my Challenger from me.

Karl

Sorry didn't specify... I remember Karl saying that yours was factory/dealer, but he said he had his speedster one made custom for high speeds... wondering where i could get one like that.
Thanks!
-Jesse

As far as the one i have on, I keep it up almost all the time. My wife is a very white-skinned red-head, with family history of skin cancer, so we keep her covered as much as possible. I have had no problems at full speed with it up.

I tend to catch air if I have it up with only me in the boat. I can hit a small wake and the boat will come out of the water for a little ways. I think some part of this is due to the top being up and sorta acting like a wing.

It does not flap or move at all. Sometimes the front straps will vibrate, but that is about it.

I noticed that the wife accidentally put her side strap on with a half twist last weekend, and it didn't vibrate at all on her side.

truck drivers running flat decks always give their straps a half twist to elliminate strap whip...

I have to give my Bimini straps a 1/2 twist to keep them from vibrating. My Bimini was made by a local canvas company locally. He even installed it for free. He has been doing my boat covers and canvas for like 5 years now. I send everybody I know to him also.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back