96 XP Bogging Down in the Water PLEASE HELP!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KGreen

Hey guys, new to the forum. I love Seadoos since ive owned one for almost 5 years now. Anyway, I recently bought a 96 XP to add to my 95 gtx. The 95 runs fine but the 96 has some problems. If this matters any, its a yellow 2 seater. Anyway, when I bought it from the guy he said that it runs great for about an hour but then bogs down. He was only asking 800 for it so I figured id have a little wiggle room if I need to buy any parts for it in the future. So, I took it out to the lake and it fired right up. Got out of the no wake zone and floored it and it took off! Its a fast little sucker! But that all lasted for about 20 seconds and then it bogged way down. It didnt shut off but it didnt go fast at all. I floored it again but it only went a little faster than idle speeds. So, I did some research when I got home and found a guy that had a bad rectifier. So, I ordered one and installed it today. Having high hopes, I took it out again. When I got passed the no wake zone I floored it and it took off! Im thinking YES I fixed it but then right after I thought that, it bogged down again. Then when I tried to floor it, it would go a little above idle speeds again. So, thats why im on here. I wanted to get peoples opinion before I order more parts. Please help guys, ive run into a wall... :facepalm: I dont know if its fuel lines or carb cleaning. I just dont know so any help would be much appreciated! Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back