96 Seadoo XP VTS Questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexdecker2

So i have been troubleshooting the VTS on my 96 XP. I checked over a few basic things, fuses, bad connections, checked the motor, all were ok. I set the trim manually by hand to as high up as it can go. I reinstalled the motor and then tightened everything down and connected everything. When i plugged in the safety lanyard (DESS?) the motor and trim automatically went all the way down. After seeing that it makes me think the switch is bad, not the module. Am i wrong in thinking this or could this still be a bad module?

They go bad and can’t typically be fixed. Get a guaranteed used on from Westside Powersports Seadoo.

i think you missed the question...is it possible its just a bad switch from the information i have given?

Yes it is. You can unplug the switches then crank it up manually and replace the motor again for a test. When you pull out the storage bucket look for a three plug connector with green/white stripe, blue/white stripe and black coming out of the steering stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back