95 XP VTS gauge failure

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdf2245

Hello all,
I have a 95 and 96 XP, both working great after minimal usage 1-2 times per year since new. Just last summer when I put the 95 in the water, the VTS gauge started acting weird meaning it would sometimes spin, sometimes stay up or down, then eventually stopped working. The actual trim moves up and down perfect, never an issue. Only the gauge has stopped working. Here are my questions:
1. The 95 trim will not move up or down without the motor running (96 will work without motor running) so it is really difficult for me to do any testing without it either being in the water (which it never is) or without hooking it up to a hose which I know I shouldn't do for too long. Does anyone know how to get the trim to work without the motor running?
2. Has anyone had similar issues like this and know what the issue is? I'd hate to purchase a new gauge and it not be the issue

Thank you
Pete

Hello all,
I have a 95 and 96 XP, both working great after minimal usage 1-2 times per year since new. Just last summer when I put the 95 in the water, the VTS gauge started acting weird meaning it would sometimes spin, sometimes stay up or down, then eventually stopped working. The actual trim moves up and down perfect, never an issue. Only the gauge has stopped working. Here are my questions:
1. The 95 trim will not move up or down without the motor running (96 will work without motor running) so it is really difficult for me to do any testing without it either being in the water (which it never is) or without hooking it up to a hose which I know I shouldn't do for too long. Does anyone know how to get the trim to work without the motor running?
2. Has anyone had similar issues like this and know what the issue is? I'd hate to purchase a new gauge and it not be the issue

Thank you
Pete
Hi Pete just came across your post I have two 1995 XP 787X both 100% restored I have a brand new VTS gauge old stock new my gauge is not working however the machine has not been in the water , perhaps your comment is fact the machine needs to be in the water as my Trim does move up and down...keep in touch...thks

Hi Pete just came across your post I have two 1995 XP 787X both 100% restored I have a brand new VTS gauge old stock new my gauge is not working however the machine has not been in the water , perhaps your comment is fact the machine needs to be in the water as my Trim does move up and down...keep in touch...thks

Attachments

• 20230411_195823.jpg
    20230411_195823.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230411_154544.jpg
    20230411_154544.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back