96 xp vts gauge not working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Beezle7834

hey members I'm on a stump . I just purchased a 1996 seadoo xp, I have a new vts motor installed and it's working like new However the vts gauge is all the way down and not working I have read post about possibly a magnet where is this located?

just read a post that the ski needs to be in the water? OK I can try that today but if anyone has any troubleshooting ideas or a pic where this magnet is located would be extremely helpful.

Did you test the old vts motor? From what I read it’s the vts module most of the time, There is also a 7.5 amp fuse somewhere for the vts. I’m pretty sure the magnets are to stop the screw drive from going to far and a missing magnet shouldn’t stop it from going up. I have done a little research into it as I have a couple machines that need vts fixed. I’ve seen a fix that uses a 451M relay to replace the module with. You could try searching that if it does end up being your module, also there is a boot that keeps water out of the vts box, I guess they are known to tear and leak, so something else to look into. If you search and want to search seadoo forum, enter your search in google like this vts 451M relay fix site:seadoo forum.com good luck

Thank you for the reply. My old VTS motor was junk and locked up. That's why I bought a new one, The trim works up-and-down the gauge is Not working to show the position. I have read on some post that the ski needs to be into the water. Which May make sense because you don't want to run your ski without it. Being in the water or hooked up to a hose for a short period of time. Thank you for all of your feedback though I will Post an update soon.

No, being in the water has nothing to do with it. It is either a bad gauge, Module or magnet on the worm-gear arm.

where is the worm gear arm? new to this xp, also where is the magnet?. I'm looking for a manual at this time too

Back