2008 215 Wake VTS Not Working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JDKRXW

First time poster here so ... go easy please 🙂.
I recently bought a 2008 215 Wake with 130 hrs on it. Only ever used in fresh water. My issue is ... the VTS isn't working properly. The gauge goes from full down to full up when the up botton is pushed and to full down when the down button is pushed. The VTS motor runs for about 1 second and the nozzle moves slightly when pressing the button then stops.
Fuse is good. nozzle does not appear to be jammed and steering is good.
Looking for someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks

I'd probably start by pulling the VTS motor out of the enclosure and see if it functions properly while not under load. If it doesn't, swap it out. It's not an expensive part and is only held in by 2 or 3 bolts. If it does operate while not under load, it could be that something's bound up and I'll defer to others to determine what to check.

Well, spent a little more time on this. Removed VTS cover and jumped the electric motor directly to the battery. It works properly in both up and down directions.
When connected to the ski - It goes down, stopping when the switch is released. When pressing the up button, it goes up for about 1/2 second then stops.
As mentioned above, once at the bottom and the up button is pressed - it runs for about 1/2 second.
Module? or is there and tricks for checking the switch?

Back