96 GTX SBT Replacement help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you have slack in the cable, then set the idle screw to get your idle speed (3000 RPM out of the water). Then you can adjust the cable to the point where it just does NOT change the idle speed. That will get you the max throttle throw and make sure you get full opening of the carbs.

Ok I will adjust the idle screw some Bc I believe I have it all the way out... I will see if I can get it to 3,000 I’m glad I’m getting somewhere

Ok I adjusted the idle screw and it idled low about 2k a couple of times hit the throttle and it would stumble... I got it adjusted to about 3k.. it fired up and I hit the throttle a couple times it seemed good... then I tried again and it started running away by itself after I let off the throttle, I hit the stop button, pulled the lanyard off and it didn’t stop until I choked it out... does the engine need to be warmed up before making adjustments? What are my next steps I feel I’m really close just don’t understand why it wants to run away... when the idle was lower and I would hit the throttle it would come back to low idle... this time it would come back for a second surge then run away... man I’m frustrated

Sorry this thing is so tough on you. I am still thinking an air leak somewhere. Maybe someone else has another idea. Your mix screws are set to factory defaults correct?

Yea I set the high and low screws to the factory settings.. and like I said when the idle was low and I hit the throttle it would come back down no problem but when I adjusted it to the 3k mark it would come down a little and then just take off... I’m almost there I am just lost

Sounds like a lean condition.

I would lower the idle speed to 2.8k rpm and adjust the PTO carb(rear) out an 1/8th turn.

What are the numbers on the Main and Pilot jets?

Slack in the throttle cable?

Carbs synchronized?

I have not had time to look at it yet due to a busy week... hopefully when I get home tonight I will have a chance I will check the carbs for air leaks, tighten everything up.. and go from there i will also pressure test the engine to rule out any other air leaks... I will keep you posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back