95 Sportster MPEM Swap

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexeado

Hi there,

As we know these MPEMs are no longer available new and almost impossible to find working and used. We also know they are needed for the boat to run.

With this being said, I read on a forum that I could swap My 95 657x sportster MPEM with a 95 ski with a 657x.

Does anyone have any experience with doing this or had any success? Any pictures or diagrams would be much appreciated.

Also, I was told the only functionality that would be lost is neutral safety and rev limiter which is fine but how do I tie in other features that a ski doesn’t have such as lights?

Very new to this so any help would be appreciated.

Contact Westside Powersports Seadoo as they have the most experience with the boat MPEM's and swaps.

FYI I believe it was a 94 or 95 SPX NOS MPEM that my boat mechanic was able to rewire for my 95 sportster with a 657x

The benefit of the 657x generation of Boat is that it is stupid basic without the DESS and other little things that came after 96 with the 717

I believe alot did have to be re-wired and afterward I lost my fuel guage, but its not a big deal as I like to top up with fresh stuff all the time

I've also rebuilt the 657x with a new stator, starter etc... but if it does go, I'll just use the same parts (rejet carb) but use the flywheel and put a 720 (717) in instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back