2004 Sportster Le DI 4 beeps and MPEM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

elguero1006

Hello, I have a 2004 Sportster LE DI boat (947 2 cylinder Rotax), and get 4 quick beeps - engine cranks but won't start. I've replaced the DESS post and neutral safety switch without luck. After a few calls a reliable mechanic advised me to replace the MPEM. I replaced this one 4 years ago with a new part and only have about 20 hours on the computer with 2 keys paired to the mpem. My questions are - how specific is the MPEM I need - according to the sea-doo warehouse site the part number is 278001747, but the one currently in the boat is 278001813. Will either of these work, and once I get one, what will I need to do before installing? Will I need to have my existing keys paired with the MPEM before installing/attempting to start? Is there anything else I should consider? Thank you for any help!

They did look interchangeable and purchased a used on e-bay and this fixed the strange electrical problems and 4 beeps. Now to get the fuel flowing!

Back