95 speedster starter going bad?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan13

well i got some new interstate batteries, hook them up and 1 engine starts right away the other all i can hear is the silenoid click, so first thing i do is take off the exhaust and get to the starter. I hook a battery pack up the the starter itself to try and get it to turn, no luck. Next, i pull out my trusty dusty hammer, wack it a few times and clean the terminal off. Try starting it and it starts right up. Has this happened to anyone and how long do they usually last after wacking them to get them to work.

The brushes inside have seen better days... either bring your "wacker" with you when it won't start :rofl:, or replace the starter. You might get it rebuilt at a local starter alternator re builder for cheap. Check you local yellow pages.

Karl

haha yeah, for the time being im going to use my "wacker" i can order a new one off ebay for 70 bucks shipped for the time being, i called a local place, they will rebuild it for 60 bucks so i figure ill have a spare just in case. I have new pictures of my 900 dollar speedster :) im trying to upload them now. also karl, any idea on the part i need for replacing my stearing wheel with one of those cool ones you can get at like autozone, i keep hearing all different sizes on here but im not sure which size it is for sure, anyone know off hand? :stupid:

Hmmmm, ebay?

:agree: with timmyboy. Be careful with ebay. I just responded to a post where a member bought a rectifier from ebay and it was DOA.

I use ebay but not for anything electrical...............:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back