95 seadoo GTX sat for 2 years

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bouch42

Hi, I'm new to the site. I have the opportunity to aquire a 95 gtx (trading my 4 wheeler) I've been told it has sat for 2 years without use. I was hoping to get some advice on what types of issues can arise from sitting for that length of time,what to look out for , and also proper out of water start up procedure. This would be my first PWC, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

95 gtx

I just got 2 96 gtxs that sat for the same time .... what i would do is get a pipe wrench pull the spark plugs out and on the back side of the motor you will see a shaft comming out of the motor 2 black boots on it and a part of the drive shaft exposed use the pipe wrench to try to turn over the motor if it turns over thats a very good thing .. then before u start it clean fuel filters and fuel lines out one fuel filter in carbs and one under the front hood up at the top then make sure oil is in it .. New plugs and fuel if fuel was left in get it out put new fuel in it .. try and start !! .. I am sure there are more things u can do but thats is what i did when i got mine ... Also with the running out of water i think yours has a fitting in the coolent line under seat looks like a t adapter u will have to buy a flush tool it locks on to the top of that fitting . then start first then turn water on .start . turn water off berfore u shut engine off .. five min max out of water running time ... if u need more let cool down about a hour before running agian
I hope this helps !!!
If i forgot something theses guys are great on here they will let u know !
Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
95 gtx

thanks for the tip. This site seems very helpful. being a PWC virgin, I'll probably be spending a lot of time picking peoples brains on here. thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back