94 GTS and GTX Fuel Issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tandyman

Hey everyone!

So I have a 94 GTS and a GTX. I replaced the grey fuel lines, cleaned the carbs, made sure everything was tight and they won’t start. I don’t think it is the pump because the GTS was running before I did all of this but it was running rough at full speed and the GTX wouldn’t run under load.

I can get them going for a few seconds with starter fluid but then it won’t pull any fuel into the carbs. I even blew into the fuel line with my mouth to get the gas going into the carbs and still nothing.

I haven’t checked the fuel selector and there is a little button on the Needle Value in the carb that I saw in videos was going up and down but wasn’t on mine. But I don’t know if that is supposed to happen or not.

Anyhow what am I missing?

DO NOT USE STARTING FLUID! It hurts things in the motor.

Double check that all the lines are routed properly. Are the pulse lines from the case to the pump hooked up? Is there fuel in the filter up by the steering? There is a procedure to check for air leaks in the fuel system, after replacing the lines it would be a good thing to do.

Lots of potential causes.

Definitely check the fuel selector. And like AK said, no starting fluid. It's okay to pour a little premix In though.

you say you cleaned up the carbs, but does this mean you sprayed them out or something? The problems you are having sound very much like carb issues. If you were running the grey lines and did not rebuild the carbs (with genuine mikuni carb kits) 99.99% this is your problem. Even if you hadn't been running the tempo lines this would be on the top of the suggestions list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back