92 Seadoo GTX bogs after 20 minutes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seaduuude

I have a 92 GTX with a 587 motor. I had the carbs rebuilt a month ago because it ran a little rough. It starts and runs in the water just fine, full power and on plane. After it gets hot, it goes into a cycle of bog, rough idle, full speed for 5 seconds, bogs down, rough idle again, full speed..etc..etc. Like it is starving for fuel.
I let it set overnight and started it and it ran great....for 20 minutes...then the bog/run cycle starts again. I talked to a PWC mechanic and he is convinced it is a bottom end issue...crank seal..bearings..etc. Thoughts anyone? Could it be a fuel issue? Clog etc? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only bring this up because it's fresh in my mind, and probably not that hard to check. I read about it somewhere but i can't find it...

After you get it warmed up, take the seat off and check the exhaust for leaks. Some posted that on their machine, when it is cold it seems to spray water gravity bent down and missed their carb. Once it was hotter it was spraying steam and that was getting into the carbs and choking it... so check and see if you can see water leaking from the plugs in the sand casting... if you look at my post for my GSX, (when i found the other post) you can see a pic of what mine looked like.

When it starts acting up, start playing with choke to see if it's different (this can tell you if it is lean).
When you also know its acting you can try with the gas cap off incase the fuel tank isn't venting properly.

When it starts acting up, start playing with choke to see if it's different (this can tell you if it is lean).
When you also know its acting you can try with the gas cap off incase the fuel tank isn't venting properly.
⬆️This is quick easy checks for your symptoms. My suspicions is on the vents.

I will try the choke and gas cap on my next time out to see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back