787 Engine Value - Unknown condition

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I hate to ask such a random question but I cant really find any info online. Whats a complete 787 worth w/carbs etc but in unknown condition? I was just trying to find a ball park of what a 787 engine is worth being sold as/is. No physical damage but basically most likely requiring a rebuild.

Thanks

The last one i bought few months ago had carbs all exhaust, starter, waterbox, few extra misc, 150 lbs compression for 150. It sat for a very long time so rotary valve seal is unknown though

Maybe we can figure out a trade if you still want your 951 cover modified to fit 800 front mount still?

Hey Paul, that sounds good to me!

It’s been a struggle finding time to work on her but I’d be down to trade for that for sure. Saves me a bunch of time I don’t have. Still have my number? I’m at 636-236-5936

Thanks Paul!

Even if a motor is all rusted up, a good set of boreable cylinders has value. The main issue I've identified with them is that the slots where the Rave valves travel get worn, allowing the valve excessive play. This causes accelerated wear on the valve housing and melts the plastic pistons and spits up that black goo we are so used to seeing bleeding down the side of a cylinder. I do not know of a way to measure or correct this, and have been answered by silence every time I asked. The only suggestion I got on the topic is to allow a layer of carbon to compensate for the extra "wiggle room".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back