787 Can't hold Top Speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcjar

Just picked up a 97 SPX. I am now the third owner
Great hull, a ton of fun, however I am having issues at wide open throttle. It bounces of the revs, like it is hitting a rev limiter. It starts alright, with a bit of priming, and it runs mid range beautifully. Has no problems at low revs at all.
My only thoughts would be related to the carbs as they are aftermarket (I have no idea which brand), and that maybe they aren't calibrated correctly.

Any thoughts on this problem?

Yep, I got the gray lines. 1st thing on my to do list is to replace em.
Will they affect the engine that much?

they can if your not getting full fuel flow.

I wouldn't run it WOT until after those lines are changed, then revisit the issue and see if it repeats.

Also a great idea to pull , inspect & clean the fuel selector while your in there.

You will need to go through the carbs thoroughly as well. The internal filters are most likely jam packed with crud

If those aftermarket carbs have filters to begine with !

Any brand names on them? Got pics ?

looks like stock carbs with an R&D flame arrestor. I'd bet there are some dirty filters in those on the forward side of each carb under the covers.

Does that require removal of the carbs?

Any thread with an in depth description of that process?

So I replace fuel line, take off carbs toss in fuel cleaner, polish r up. And pray?

What is a Rossier pipe?
I am so new to this and ya'll are tossing out some complicated vocabulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back