4-tec supercharger rebuild and washer questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoo_mike

What is the advantage going to riva washers over the ceramic, is it just the overall breakdown percentage, do you go with synthetic oil when you have the riva washers, is synthetic better for the motor overall. If you replace with ceramic and use the right mineral oil what is the difference. When its time to rebuild the charger do you get the whole kit or do you just inspect and replace the washers. Does the kit come with everything you need (shaft, bearings) trying to get an idea of what I need to do the job, I looked at manual from forum on charger and it looks like there might be a couple of special tools needed to do the job. When I looked at the parts list the charger kit was around $300, does that seem right.. Do you know what the around about total price would be to do the job with parts and needed tools and does the kit come with the right washers or do you have to pick them up also (ex: riva's) price of the riva's I saw where around $100, does that seem right.. Before the charger is pulled do you have to extract the engine oil. On the manuals page I did not see a supercharger section in the 2006 sportster manual, so I went on the 2007 4-tec manual and found the charger instructions, is that ok to use, are all the chargers pretty much interchangeable. I know this was alot of babbling but I'm just trying to get a hand on what I need to do for the job, and how much it will cost. thanks

Hey Mike, I am picking my 2006 Sportster up today after getting the supercharger rebuilt. It is going to be about $700 after rebuild using Riva parts, oil change, and a new bow sticker.

John

Hey Mike, I am picking my 2006 Sportster up today after getting the supercharger rebuilt. It is going to be about $700 after rebuild using Riva parts, oil change, and a new bow sticker.

John

thats way to much. rebuild kit is only couple hundred buck,call riva and get a manual and do it yourself....

what's up jv, I actually pulled my charger in my garage and found the washers in really good shape, I ordered the riva washers, they didn't come in yet, but I will replace them when I get back from vacation in 2 weeks. Sporsterjoel is right the washers will only be $109, and with the manual, couple of tools that I have to buy and the grease, it will be back together. good luck with the boat and throttle up....:)

ATTENTION 2004-2007 SEA-DOO RXP, RXT, GTX and 215 WAKE OWNERS: Sea-Doo (BRP) has agreed to a proposed class action settlement covering the ceramic washer problem with 2004-2007 4-Tec Series supercharged watercraft. Owners who purchased these boats in CA can submit claims for reimbursement of costs associated with washer failures and for costs incurred to replace the ceramic washers. Also, BRP is extending warranty coverage on washer failure. Here is the link to the settlement website, which includes details and a claim form:

http://www.ceramicwashersettlement.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back