Challenger 4-Tec engine removal/install

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ODavis

When you remove the engine from a single engine Challenger 180 does the engine still have to be re-aligned, if you remove the top single bolt from the engine mount and not the entire mount? I am about to remove the 4-Tec SCIC engine and just starting to do some research on the specialty tools needed. Seems there is a long costly list to accomplish this.

The washers exploded on the SC and I am going to clean out the engine. Although might go with a long block because I also want to change the valves out. Thoughts?

Okay,,,i may receive negative views,,, we do not have the alignment tool,,,,so for all these years,,,I take a scribe,,,and carefully scribe around the securing bolt on top of the bracket,,,I do not remove the bottom bracket itself,,,then I take a lot of pics of the top bracket and motor position.,,if the motor was misaligned initially,,,i would see wear in the drive shaft splines,,,in that case you need the alignment tool.

Actually I was thinking pretty much the same thing. But my friend saw my post and called me. He has the alignment tools so I guess I am good. Thanks.

Now I just need to see if I can get this engine cleaned out or buy a rebuilt long block. ...

Last edited:
Back