2013 gti se 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptemberC

Starter turns over (sounds a little sluggish) but it won't start/run. Tried it a couple of times. Then it started and ran normal all day. Went to start it again... same issue. But then it started. Rode it 30 mins back to the dock. It wouldn't start again.
Weak battery or starter relay?

I would take the battery to your local auto parts store and have it load tested.
I'm guessing the battery is bad.

Thank you. I had already planned to do that. I didn't think it could be a starter relay since it was turning over.

For sure get it load tested. Had a similar issue that I was CONVINCED was a bad relay. Nope,,, bad battery.

Batteries Plus Duracell AGM batteries are a little pricey but are supposed to be the best.
I personally have O'Reilly Auto Parts AGM batteries in all 5 of my Skis. Some of them are into their 5th season.
Never Walmart batteries. So many stories on here about bad Walmart batteries.

We charged the battery last night. This evening I took it to get tested. They said it tested good but needed charged.
So.. I just bought another battery. :(

The key for longevity for jetski batteries, is storing them inside (warm) during the off season. I have always bought good batteries, but if I let them sit in the garage (cold) all winter, I would only get 2 seasons out of them. I'm on my 4th season on this latest battery... stored inside my house during the winter! Might just be a coincidence as well? But that is my experience running the same jetski for 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back