2012 Wake Pro Stereo Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryguy1188

Here are some pics of my latest install. This is on a 2012 Seadoo Wake Pro 215. After 2 months, I couldn't resist. The sound is amazing and loud.
Specs: Kicker everything: ps5250 speakers, pxi50.2 amp and controller, px200.1 sub amp, 6.5" CVT651 sub
**ADDED Video** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGcOD16JgHc

Before
86.jpg

Cutout
87.jpg

After
88.jpg

Finished
89.jpg

Finished 2
90.jpg

Subwoofer
91.jpg

Amps
92.jpg

Wiring with sub
93.jpg

Ipod Controller
94.jpg

Ipod connector with remote power switch (inside glove box)
95.jpg

Aftermath 3x 5" Holes
96.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you say so. I would have thought of another way besides cutting huge holes into my hull. Maybe finding some sort of bracket that will bolt on with a single 3/8" bolt on either side. Does the stator even produce enough amps to power all this stuff?

97.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334639926.397103.jpg
Something like this would have been better than throwing away your hull warranty!
I know it's a yammy but one 1/8th hole and some sika and your done 2 days glassing and bondo work then off to the painter

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not concerned about the hull, because they are located away from high stress points. Also, the speakers will help provide support, if needed. I just have to check to make sure there isn't any cracking, and if there is, all I have to do, is reinforce the fiberglass with more. I didn't want to use an external box, because I wouldn't have anywhere to put it. My install is hardly noticeable, and nothing external sticks out.

97.jpg
View attachment 11754
Something like this would have been better than throwing away your hull warranty!
I know it's a yammy but one 1/8th hole and some sika and your done 2 days glassing and bondo work then off to the painter

I've searched for different types of brackets, but everything sticks outside of the original design. These amps are made with a low amp draw. Max for the sub amp is 15 amps, and max for the speakers is another 10 amp. Kicker says the usually use about half that at normal operation. This is pretty low, considering a normal 750watt amp has at least a 80 watt fuse in a car. I've been searching for the "stator" specs (I'm guessing thats like an alternator), looking for amp output, but I cannot find anything.

If you say so. I would have thought of another way besides cutting huge holes into my hull. Maybe finding some sort of bracket that will bolt on with a single 3/8" bolt on either side. Does the stator even produce enough amps to power all this stuff?

Lol, no I did not engineer the hull. I'm not saying these are not stress points, but through my mechanical engineering knowledge and logic, these locations are of low stress concentration. The radius on these cuts are large and better than smaller ones, in terms of rate of crack growth. So, I have nothing to worry about.
How do you know they are not at stress points, did you engineer the hull?

no worrys on the hull
i want to build an aluminum hull or part aluminum part carbon fiber
would weigh nothing in comparison to stock
need a tig welder and an inglish wheel

They advertise the new s3 hulls are 20% lighter, but I'm sure carbon fiber and aluminum will be much lighter.

no worrys on the hull
i want to build an aluminum hull or part aluminum part carbon fiber
would weigh nothing in comparison to stock
need a tig welder and an inglish wheel

Thank you! Well I'm used to using a 1995 seadoo sp's wake, so moving to the wake pro 215, the wake is a lot bigger. Its no boat wake, but its possible to jump wake to wake.

BTW I've always wondered about the wake ski, does it put out a decent wake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back