2011 GTI 130 vrs 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

onlydoos

I am looking for some advice please. I have owned a small sport boat for years but I am now about to order my first pwc. I have decided to buy the new 2011 Gti but I don't know which motor is best. I have read that the 130 is comparable with the 155's low end torque and start up power but the 155 has about 5 miles per hour more top end ( around 60 as opposed to 55). Is this accurate? Also is the "power loss" of buying the 130 really worth all the fuel savings that it claims. How much difference is there between the fuel consumption of the 130 vrs the 155. I am hoping you experienced riders out there can help me out before I place my order. ( Oh...I will be towing ski tubes and pulling my kids on skis) Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've ridden both, and honestly, if there is a big enough price difference at your local dealer... buy the 130.

Yes, there will be a fuel savings, but more importantly, the 130 hp engine will live longer, and the speed difference isn't that big of a deal. 55 mph on the water will feel fast.

As far as pulling a skier, or tube... the 130 will have more than enough power to do it. I pull a people around with my boat, and it's bigger, and only has 85 hp. The only draw back is that a skier will be able to pull the ski hull around... but that is a problem with any ski because of it's size.

Hope that helps. :cheers:

My buddy has 2 GTI 130's. I think they are a blast. Plenty of power to do mid 50's. They take off great and can easily pull someone on a tube. I wouldnt waste the money on the 155 unless it was just a couple hundred bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back