2010 255hp challenger winterization.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cirrhosis

I haven’t had to winterize for the last 4 years but doing outside storage this year and need a reminder what hoses need to be pinched off before gravity feeding with antifreeze. Tia

You can't really gravity feed as you have an intercooler.

You need to pump it in just like being on the hose.

I bought a 12v pump to do it.

You can't really gravity feed as you have an intercooler.

You need to pump it in just like being on the hose.

I bought a 12v pump to do it.

That’s good. I have a drill pump that should do the trick. But is there a need to pinch off any lines or just pump until antifreeze comes out?
Ty

That’s good. I have a drill pump that should do the trick. But is there a need to pinch off any lines or just pump until antifreeze comes out?
Ty

Disregard: just remembered the only reason I made a pinch tool was in case of being towed.

Ty
I have exact same boat as you. I did the winterizing myself the past two years and I did not pinch off any lines. Just pump until you see antifreeze come out. Of course, make sure you start the engine first before pumping the anti-freeze in. Once you've started pumping, turn the pump off once you see anti-freeze coming out. Then shut your boat down.

One word to the wise, my exhaust temp beep came on during the process...probably because my pump was not strong enough (used one of those Menards AA battery powered pumps). I was able to complete the process and shut the engine off, but I will be using a stronger pump this year.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back