2009 Rxtx 255 common problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

bmj26

Looking into picking up an 09 RXTX 255 with 108 hours. I’m familiar with the 05 215 not the newer model. Tried doing a search for common problems but results for the IS model are the only things popping up. I’m aware of the supercharger issue, possible inter cooler issue and the pump tunnel problems. Anything else I need to put my eye on when taking a look?

Also, are the 05s and 09s designed on the same hull?

Can's comment on the hull but the regular items you mentioned.

1.. When was the SC rebuilt?
2.. If you don't winterize it properly, you can have a leaking intercooler as it is external. (Not like the one in the intake like the 215)

The rest is based on the condition.

2.. If you don't winterize it properly, you can have a leaking intercooler as it is external. (Not like the one in the intake like the 215)

April of 22 on SC rebuild. Didn’t list what hours. Asked for receipts to prove, he says he has no paperwork for the work.

Any common failure spots to check on intercooler? I’ll be able to see if it has a leak while it’s running?

You need to pressure test it. If it is run in salt water the plugs might show pitting.

If it is leaking you typically notice things like throttle hesitations and bogging or flat spots.

The are aluminum, so they stretch and crack or spit, like mine which was actually water sitting in the air side. That is why blow mine out with compressed air on top of running RV antifreeze in the water side. (I bought my machine with a leaking IC. I replaced it with the newer 300 IC)
20210424_174937.jpg

Back