Low power 2009 rxt 255

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluevee

Hello there
First time on this forum
As usual I’m writing because I have an issue
I have the 2009 rxt 255 suspension model which is a pleasure to ride mostly- but I ran it into a shallow area and sucked a heap of mud and sand in, it did all sorts of bad things like nearly sinking. Anyway my fault so I thought good learning opportunity, found why it nearly sank -
a hole in the plastic resonator so I fixed that all good
Replaced wear ring- new
Impeller good
Replaced the carbon seal - good now
No errors from the ecu - starts and seems to run ok - idle maybe a little rough but ok
The issue is it feels like 100 hp less than before
Top speed 60 - 70 Kph tops
I’ve checked coils - ok
Removed injectors and cranked- spray pattern good
Removed supercharger and checked torque for slip- none at 13 nm
Throttle body is wot
I’ve pressure tested the inter cooler- no pressure drop at 40 psi after 1/2 hr
Air hoses seem ok- maybe a little soft but ok

I’m stumped now - anyone got any idea?
Thanks in advance

I would think a compression check should be next on your list of things to do and to make sure you don’t have water(almost sunk)anywhere it’s not suppose to be. If your RPM’S are where they should be and your not making speed I would suspect driveline. If your not making RPM and slow I would suspect power plant.

Thanks skiasylum
I’m at that point now
It makes rpm at no load 8000rpm out of water
But only gets around 6000rpm in water
There is no water contamination in the oil and no alarms - the thing starts normally and runs
I made sure I flushed all the salt out after the incident
The only thing now is maybe the bailer tube- it had a hole in it from the exhaust when it was hot, could have been sucking air into the Venturi?

Don’t see how a hole in a bailer tube would effect engine performance since the bailers are either sucking water or air whenever the engine is running anyway. Definitely would want to fix the tube so the bailer works.

Yes clutching straws now
IMG_2461.JPG
I attached a quick video of the injectors ( if it works)- good way to see spray pattern when you go frame by frame

To let you know the outcome-
It was the coils( or one of them) I swapped out a set from another ski and presto
All coils tested the same on the ohm meter 1.2 ohms primary 11000 secondary- it was one of the first things I checked but had me fooled
Hope this helps someone in the future

Odd one for sure, have the same ride and physically it's a solid machine, electrically a flipping nightmare. Had to replace the rear main harness, some plugs, clean some sockets on modules etc. Finally ran a full tank through it (didn't take long) and not one glitch, code or light.

Now have to chase a loss of power as well but not nearly as dramatic as yours. I pull about 65mph at 7850 or so. Was owned by a mechanic and man does that say a lot!! Not sure the guy could even change a spark plug without mickey mousing the job. Will get it all fluffed this fall, running decent and summer is too short :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back