2009 RXT iS 255 BRAND NEW and having problems?!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

desithugsr

Hey everyone - I recently purchased a new 2009 RXT iS 255 from a local dealer. It looked beautiful and we took it out on the lake. For the first couple of hours we kept it with the seadoo learning key running no more then 25 MPH.

After that we put the yellow key and couldn't get it above 30 mph. for some odd reasons the boat was also flipping pretty easily. We have an RXT 215 that's also new ('09) and we weren't having nearly as many difficulties in terms of it flipping or breaking the 30 mph barrier.

We took it back to the dealer and he checked it out and said no problems and when we took it back to the lake it was hitting 70 mph! however, after not even 30 min it fell back down again to 30 mph. Briefly the check engine light came on but then turned off after which we couldn't go fast.

The ski continues to flip pretty easily and i can't figure out if its

1) software issue? i've briefly read about this
2) problem with too much or too little oil? that's what the manual says
3) water getting in the ski? i've checked the back of the ski and both plugs are in, however there's a 3rd plug that doesn't have a cap - when i asked the dealer he said that wasn't for drainiage and didn't need to be covered. It's on the left side, about 6 inches up and to the left of the left most drain plug.

Any ideas? I've taken it back to the dealer.

regarding the extra connection you see on the left rear

Hi
Im in New Zealand and also have just purchased the same identical Beast

I love it , i havent struck the same problem as you mention , however mine has now started to become intermitant with the iBr ...the brake levers Software is sometimes instant & sometime upto 3 to 5 seconds delay ...scary scary ! !

Its a software bug so im advised and when i take mine in for service will be rectified by the dealer/service dept... with the BUDDS software program.

Anyway the extra plug you see on the LEFT is actually a flush connection...
In my case it has one of those quick connect garden hose fittings already screwed in place ( the type one holds back while connecting )

please NOTE :- you MUST remember to only have water running striaght AFTER you start the engine and MUST get turned OFF BEFORE stopping the Engine (otherwise it pushes water up the exhaust system ..so im told )

Its to allow you to flush saltwater etc from the jet-unit... dont forget its not flushing the water cooling / engine ...as ours is a Closed Loop ..so there is no junk going thru our motor etc.
hope that helps
Edwin ...... cadwin@xtra.co.nz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back