2009 gtx 155 - Pier 1 / Hood 0

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

c34bak

Daughter ran sea-doo into pier slow but with enough force to break the hinge on the front cover. Ordered all hinge and under assembly parts and am looking for video or instructions on how to proceed. Only thing holding the cover on the pwc is the grommet and the gauge wiring within - which I need to disconnect before I can replace the inner liner, shock, and pivot hinge. The hood top is fine, just cosmetic scratches so I plan to replace all the interior plastic which cannot be salvaged. Pictures of the damage is attached. Any direction/guidance is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2778.jpeg
    IMG_2778.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2774.jpeg
    IMG_2774.jpeg
    353.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2773.jpeg
    IMG_2773.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 16
I hope that you were able to fully repair your ski. I am dealing with a very similar situation. Can you share with me where you found your replacement parts. I am finding that the OEM does not offer the subassembly any longer. Thanks

ZERO luck finding the part. None. Even used/junkyards. Even Canada. Even Europe.
JB Weld was my only option. I used the marine formula with psi over 5000. Cleaned it well with dawn and let it cure for 24 hours. Here’s hoping it holds. Figure I won’t be able to reinstall the jack. But we shall see. Sucks to have zero option. Really incredible. If the break was not clean -then what? Fabricate something?

Thanks for the feedback. I tried a repair to the subassembly also but the break was at a major pressure point. It just broke loose again when I tried to close the hood with the shock reinstalled. I really not sure what to do next. I do believe the repair would have held up without the shock installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back