2008 rxtx fuel pump ground position

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jknightg1

I had an issue where the fuel pump wasn’t starting when the key was placed on the DESS post. Took the fuel pump out and diagnosed it to be a bad Earth to the fuel pump. I’ve checked the three earth points at the front of the block, they seem fine, is the fuel pump earth somewhere else?
Many thanks
John

So bit of an update….
I’ve taken everything to pieces and it was a faulty earth to the pump I’ve re-assembled everything and grounded out the Earth wire to the pump which now means that the fuel pump kicks in when the key is attached and the PWC runs. However, it’s now throwing error P0231 which says that the fuel pump is grounded out which indeed it is. if I disconnect the temporary ground that I’ve put in P0231 goes but the fuel pump doesn’t start and therefore the PwC starts but only runs for a short period before fuel starvation.
Advice gratefully received [emoji15]

The ECM continually monitors the resistance of both fuel pump circuits, by adding more wire you are increasing the resistance and the ECM then throws the code. Suggest service manual and run the circuit tests. Could be a possible faulty ECM if all circuit tests pass.

So an update
I’ve checked cleaned and reattached all three small grounds on the block and used dielectric grease on them,
I’ve checked the continuity between Pin B 29 and the pump -ve and that is fine so that cable is not broken. I’ve dielectrically lubricated both A and B connectors into the ECU, all pins looked fine no corrosion or damage.
I’m now torn between replacing the pump or replacing the ECU as the pump is cheaper does anyone think this could be a fuel pump problem? The pump works when connected straight to 12v it doesn’t from the ECU.
Help please..
I will have also connected up to the BUDS system and it’s throwing no errors with the pump not working, I tried to activate the pump within BUDS and that doesn’t work either.

Looks like I’m going to have to try replacement ECU
Tested the new tops sensor and the continuity between the sensor and pin B9 on the ECU, that was fine, checked out the DESS post that can also apparently prevent the ECU triggering Earth to the pump, that was fine, so I’m now down to trying a new ECU which is on the way, I’ll keep you posted if you’re interested.

It was user error with the can-doo pro software.
I didn’t follow instructions and it locked the fuel pump at the ECU.
In case anyone else does it here is the fix

Go to config tab, enter advanced passcode 1927, and hit submit. Then do normal key procedure to make ecu save

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back