2008 GTX 215 Limited injectors not firing? HELP!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidan345

Good day to all seeing this, i’ve had my 2008 GTX 215 for 2 years now, a bunch of work had to be done for it to work properly and be reliable, finally got it going good recently and ive ran into a new problem….

i was riding it today for a while without any issues, as i was going to take one last ride, it started up, ran for about 2 minutes then shut off, it would proceed to take a while to start back up but then it shut off after another minute or so, ultimately, its not starting at all now. i smelt a strong fuel smell so i checked the oil and sure enough its overfull and smells like gas, i then checked the spark plugs and they seemed like someone cleaned them with gas they were very clean. i then pulled the injectors but left all the wiring and everything connected, i cranked the ski over and there wasnt anything happening with the injectors, no pulse, no fuel, i was puzzled. i checked the fuses, all were good except the #11 fuse, the diag. tool fuse. i had a spare 15A fuse, it blew right away, i dont know what that could mean…. maybe a short somewhere? a bad ground? the ski gets ridden in salt water so something could be corroded, but im not sure, any thoughts, tests or solutions? anything helps

Thanks!

First, check the cap on the diagnostic port to make sure the two pins inside the cap are in line with the sockets for the white/black and white/red wires. Its not normally possible for the cap to be installed 180 degrees out, but it's worth a look.

If pin 6 and pin 5 in the diagnostic connector were connected together via the 120 ohm resistor in the cap, that would send 12 VDC directly to Pin B24 on the ECM, and I'm not sure the ECM would like that.

2008 Fuse 11.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back