2008 GTX Limited 215 Crank Sensor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Aidan345

Hello all,
Im trying to change my crankshaft position sensor, ive been getting codes saying its a recurring problem and it has left me stranded a few times, i bought one off seadoopartshouse with the part no. #420966570. I can’t seem to find ANY videos on how to replace it, much less where it is. If anyone can tell me the location of it and what i need to do to replace it, that would be appreciated….. Thanks!

Hello all,
Im trying to change my crankshaft position sensor, ive been getting codes saying its a recurring problem and it has left me stranded a few times, i bought one off seadoopartshouse with the part no. #420966570. I can’t seem to find ANY videos on how to replace it, much less where it is. If anyone can tell me the location of it and what i need to do to replace it, that would be appreciated….. Thanks!
It’s on at the 6 o’clock position on the pto, left side of the ski if your facing the of the ski. It’s a single bolt , 10mm if I remember correctly. The connector is to the left of the ECU. There also is a wire clamp at the 10-11 o’clock position. Hope this helps

Hello all,
Go to seadoomanuals.net and download the shop manual for your ski. The CPS (including removal and installation instructions) are on page 240.

Remember, before you remove the sensor, you need to run the ski at 4000 rpm or about 10 seconds and then pull the lanyard while the engine is at 4000 rpm. This will scavenge the majority of the oil from the PTO cover. If you don't do this, you'll get a whole bunch of oil coming out of the port where the sensor is installed. Even with a proper scavenge, you're still going to get some oil draining, so make sure you put some absorbent material under the pto cover when you remove the sensor.

Go to seadoomanuals.net and download the shop manual for your ski. The CPS (including removal and installation instructions) are on page 240.

Remember, before you remove the sensor, you need to run the ski at 4000 rpm or about 10 seconds and then pull the lanyard while the engine is at 4000 rpm. This will scavenge the majority of the oil from the PTO cover. If you don't do this, you'll get a whole bunch of oil coming out of the port where the sensor is installed. Even with a proper scavenge, you're still going to get some oil draining, so make sure you put some absorbent material under the pto cover when you remove the sensor.
Thanks for this, although it says i am blocked from using the website that the manuals are on for some reason..... but ill see what i can do\

It’s on at the 6 o’clock position on the pto, left side of the ski if your facing the of the ski. It’s a single bolt , 10mm if I remember correctly. The connector is to the left of the ECU. There also is a wire clamp at the 10-11 o’clock position. Hope this helps
Thank you bud! gonna tear it apart tomorrow

Which lanyard are you referring to for getting the oil out of the pto cover?

He is referring to the key and lanyard that goes on the DESS post, if you "pull the lanyard" it will simply stop the engine.

Back