2008 RXT-X or 2008 Wake?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cpendl

I keep going back and forth between the two of these. Obviously the Wake PWC is built for watersports/wakeboarding, but the RXT-X with its 255HP has an allure to it. I don't know if I should buy the Wake PWC with its standard "wake package" or if I should get the RXT-X and install the ski pillion, ballast, and wakeboard holder afterwards. Are these skis almost identical (except for power) or is there one I should pick to if I want to use it for cutting up the water and towing someone? Can you notice the difference between 255HP and 215HP?

Thanks in advance for the insight!

More HP= more acceleration and pulling power...Have you had either or both machines for a test ride so you know better what to choose? It might be a good idea before you spend your hard earned money.

Wake verses RXT

It does seem these skis are almost identical. They both use the 1494 cc supercharged engine. They both have the same compression and stroke ratio of 8.4:1; the only difference that I can see is one is naturally aspirated the other is not.
You can also get the wake in a 155 hp model
If you'd like to compare yourself, you can go to www.seadoo.com and click on the tab "showroom". There you can pull up the specs for all the 2008 models.
Happy hunting!.........

i agree :)

I visited the seadoo website extensively prior to buying my ski. I wanted to make sure i did not get the wrong ski! I definately wanted the HP for pulling a tuber or 2, but also for some speed!

Good luck on your choice, and have fun with the result!

Thanks for all the great info. I lucked out. There was a boat show in Miami this past weekend, and I found a guy who really knew his stuff. More often than not, I found that the guys at the stores I visited previous to the boat show, the guys I talked were more interested in selling me ANY ski rather than answering my questions. Nevertheless, I found out that the skis are identical other than the different HP. They have the same hull and same engine, the 255 is just tweaked. Thanks again for all the help.

Let us know how you make out with your new seadoo. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back