2008 rxp problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rxp2008

I have a 2008 rxp supercharged (44hr on it) and I am having several problems, or one problem? Sometime in the summertime I noticed the pwc wouldn't always start on the first try but I would have to press the button several times before the starter would turn over and everything would be fine. Second last time I went out there was lack of power and it appeared as if the white key was in as, power was lacking and top speed was maybe around 60km/h. After 5 or so minutes the power returned and everything was fine but the top speed would max out at 103km/h while before all the problems began it was 113km/h. That same time upon starting the seadoo for the first time the rpms were fluctuating very sporadically some 200rmps from where they should be. Now last time I took it out to pay attention to the rpms I went out on the water same problems occurred but the pwc almost died on me on the lake and was loosing power which prompted me to turn back and once I turned the engine off I couldn't restart it again even when the starter tried to turn over. At home I inspected the impeller and seen some foreign material in the impeller which I removed and the pwc will start after few tries but it tries to die if I don't press on the throttle and the rpms are also sporadic. I will troubleshoot it maybe this weekend but if anyone has any suggestion please help me out. Thanks.

Change you plugs. Also I would look at a starter relay. I know it sounds weird but you can not look at the plugs and tell if they are bad. Take 3 plugs and hollar at me tomorrow. :cheers:

Yes, you need to change your spark plugs. Here is some info to help you out;

4-tec plugs NGK brand, DCPR8E Gap/ 0.7-0.8 MM or .028-.031in.
Chances are it just fouled a plug. To replace the plugs remove the Oil dipstick, remove the plastic cover over the engine, replace the dip stick. Unplug the wire from the spark plug coil ( it's part of the spark plug cap) wiggle and pull the cap/coil out of the spark hole. Be careful not to break it. Loosen the spark plug, insert the cap/coil in to grab the plug and remove it. Gap the new plug, remove the screw top on the top of the plug, insert it in the cap/coil push it in the plug hole. Use a socket to tighten it. Snug it up go about 1/4 turn, loosen and snug it up(this compress the seal ring on the bottom of the new spark plug). Put some grease on the coil cap where it meets the cylinder and insert on the plug. Connect the coil wire. Do one spark plug at a time. Replace the plastic cover. This should solve your problem.

Keep us posted.

Karl

thanks you very much

I've replaced spark plugs and that solved the RPM/power issue. After checking the battery if it held charge and it passed I went and replaced the ignition relay and now the pwc is back to itself again. Thanks again.

I've replaced spark plugs and that solved the RPM/power issue. After checking the battery if it held charge and it passed I went and replaced the ignition relay and now the pwc is back to itself again. Thanks again.
Hi glad to see you got your rxp back to it's best again. I had a thought it may have been a bad fuel problem. Maybe bad fuel caused the fouling to begin with. Also I'm pretty sure of fuel is contaminated with water it could cause similar problems.

I have a 2008 rxp supercharged (44hr on it) and I am having several problems, or one problem? Sometime in the summertime I noticed the pwc wouldn't always start on the first try but I would have to press the button several times before the starter would turn over and everything would be fine. Second last time I went out there was lack of power and it appeared as if the white key was in as, power was lacking and top speed was maybe around 60km/h. After 5 or so minutes the power returned and everything was fine but the top speed would max out at 103km/h while before all the problems began it was 113km/h. That same time upon starting the seadoo for the first time the rpms were fluctuating very sporadically some 200rmps from where they should be. Now last time I took it out to pay attention to the rpms I went out on the water same problems occurred but the pwc almost died on me on the lake and was loosing power which prompted me to turn back and once I turned the engine off I couldn't restart it again even when the starter tried to turn over. At home I inspected the impeller and seen some foreign material in the impeller which I removed and the pwc will start after few tries but it tries to die if I don't press on the throttle and the rpms are also sporadic. I will troubleshoot it maybe this weekend but if anyone has any suggestion please help me out. Thanks.

I would also check your wear sleeve for damage, scoring etc. I just had mine replaced in my 2008 RXP and it now goes like a rocket. Apparently if it gets to worn it can create cavitation that will reduce performance. It cost me $125 to have it replaced, and another 350 for a service.
Now it's running like a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back