2007 Challenger drive shaft ,carbon seal Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Mcrumb

Premium Member
Premium Member
Well the boat keeps fighting had to get out the death wheel to cut the boot and ring to remove
due to corrosion. The 2 groves for the seals are gone…need new driveshaft. My question is
the 2 seals by the pump end anyone know the part number? Then my other question is
where the driveshaft goes into the motor that bearing fell out when removing the driveshaft.
should I replace that part also? Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_3619.jpeg
    IMG_3619.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3616.jpeg
    IMG_3616.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 14
What are you calling the two seals? The carbon ring and the two o-rings in the face plate it rides on? Or the one in the PTO housing?

Either way the carbon ring or dripless bearing should be replaced. SBT has the drive shaft in stock, just bought one myself along with the carbon ring as sea doo calls it. Shaft was ~250 and CR was ~50.

Here is the part number for the shaft from SBT: 74-121-08

Here are the links to Bay Area PS for the seal and bellows:
Sea Doo 4-Tec Drive Shaft Carbon Carbone Seal Rebuild Kit GTX GTI GTS Wake
Sea Doo 4-Tec Drive Shaft Bellow 130 155 185 GTX GTI GTS 272000183

Please send both places an email first verifying the parts are correct. These are for a 2005 which according to what I see should be the same.

Sorry wasn’t very clear there are 2 small gaskets inside of the hat that holds the carbon seal in
place with a C clamp. The driveshaft is so pitted where that hat rides, I went a head and purchased
a new one, I already have a new carbon seal complete kit, I also went a head and ordered a new PTO
bearing kit with boot so this way all the drive line parts are new. Also learned the rubber seal on the
pump end of driveshaft in the pic is actually the remains of the rubber cone from the pump that had
torn and walked up the shaft. See the old pump it is missing problem solved.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3603.jpeg
    IMG_3603.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3690.jpeg
    IMG_3690.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 8
Got the new PTO bearing and boot along with the new carbon seal kit.
Installed also went ahead and cleaned the hull with degreaser looks much
better and the racing stripe of worn out carbon steel that was all over the
boat.

Attachments

• IMG_3625.jpeg
    IMG_3625.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 4
Back