Carbon seal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I am new to the jet ski world but I had a very bad leak when I put my ski in water put my hand by driveshaft and water was coming on my hand . My question is how tight should a new carbon seal be on the shaft . I got a new carbon seal and it is loose on shaft I check a bunch of web slate and they all seem to call for this part number can someone help me hear .thanks in advance

No, the carbon seal is not tight on the shaft, it only seals against the stainless steel hat, not the shaft.

I just replaced mine and it doesn’t seem tight enough, I can still move it a little bit.
Yes, the do move and it freaks everyone out.
Put it in the lake and start the ski just to be sure is isn't leaking.
BTW: They can drip a small amount and that is normal until they bed in.

Yes, the do move and it freaks everyone out.
Put it in the lake and start the ski just to be sure is isn't leaking.
BTW: They can drip a small amount and that is normal until they bed in.
I put it in the lake and it was dripping water.

Carbon driveshaft seal has nothing to do with the engine starting as it creates no drag.

I replaced he carbon seal, flange, and bellows on my 2013 GTI 130SE and still have a leak that requires a bilge pump to bale water. There doesn’t feel like a lot of pressure from the bellows pushing the carbon seal into the flange.

is it possible that the drive shaft rubber end bumper is missing and allowing the flange to move away from the seal? Also has anyone attempted to place a band clamp on the bellows to compress pushing the seal tighter to the flange?

Back