2006 Sportster 155 vs 215SC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pcm1959P

I'm in the market for a 2006-07 Sportster. I'm finding far more SC versions.
I'm new here and still trying to learn as much as I can before a purchase. Based on what I've read, i'm afraid to purchase a SC version.
I guess if I had purchased a new one then I could know it was maintained and had the 100 hour service and SC update done. Buying used I don't know that unless they have some service records.
What to do? Thanks, Phil

Last edited:
Some owners are pretty diligent about documenting service. You may luck out and come across a clean boat that was well maintained by the owner. The SCer rebuild is only $450, so when looking, feel free to use that as a negotiating point if the owner can't prove it was done.

Having been on a 2012 255HP numerous times, I wouldn't even consider the NA version. When loaded with people and gear my buddy's 255 still goes like mad. I wouldn't let the SCer stop me from buying, I'd just rebuild it immediately.

As for the other concerns, find a shop with a CanDoo system that can read the ECM and also test the motor for compression. You should be able to tell weather the boat has been cared for or not.

Good luck in your search.

I’ve never been on one of the more powerful supercharged versions, but I’m pretty happy with the 155. Goes 47 on GPS, and takes off quick with the family on board. The reliability/low maintenance was a big factor for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back