2006 GTI DOA Need Mechanic in NW OH

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

keltonks

Hello. I have a dead 2006 Sea Doo GTI w/ only 47 hrs. Insufficiently mechanically inclined to diagnose the problem adequately myself. "Shade tree" PWC mechanic says there is spark and fuel, but no compression. Pistons are moving. GTI died when travelling 25 mph w/ 3 riders. No racing, no knocking, no wheezing, no dash board warning lights. Just sputtered and died and will not start again. I need a reputable Sea Doo mechanic in the NW OH area who has Sea Doo diagnostic equipment, who is honest and whose charges are fair. Does such a person exist? Any recommendations are appreciated, as summer is wasting away and both of my PWCs are DOA. What's worse than having one PWC break down? Having two PWCs break down on the same day.

Thanks for your responses.

KK Smith

Located DZ Motorsports in Genoa. They at least have diagnostic equipment, and informed me almost immediately after looking at my 2006 GTI that I had a broken timing chain. 2006 GTI with only 47 hours with broken timing chain! They said it was like winning the lottery in reverse, in that it only happens to a few people, and unfortunately I was one of those few. Do not have complete breakdown of components damaged when the chain broke. Wish me luck as it seems I don't have any.

Hope things worked out ok, I've been very pleased with the dealer in Findlay on 75, American Powersports - in your back yard and fix it right.

Back