Need Help - Water in fuel system for 657x motor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

r3cc0s

I did post in the Sport boat section, but being that this motor issue is universal between PWCs and the Boats.... can anyone help here.

Long story short. Someone told me that the gas tank "vent" attached to the side of my boat was to flush the jet, and boy it wasn't...

I filled up my gas tank full of water and tried to run the motor to only have it stall out.

Brought it to a mechanic (certified BRP) who siphoned out all the gas, and used the start to blow out the motor... fill it back up, fogged the engine to ensure no rust.

Was able to run the motor on land for a while, checked compression and it was good @ 137/136 (I mean "okay" but could use a rebuild later)

Put it on the water, and it ran for a few minutes then died... fired it up, and kept this cycle for 2-4 minute intervals, standing me a few times having to be towed in.

sigh...

Not sure what to do at this point. I did change the plugs and it fires up again like hot dang, and there was no water blowing out of the spark plug holes like before... but chances are, there must be water in the tank or lines still???

Should I keep trying to run this thing on water (maybe with someone holding a rope to keep me close to shore) and changing out the plugs until its all clear?

You will find that the dampener rubber insulators that holes the muffler to the engine wears out and will cause the bolts from the exhaust manifold to the water jacket
to loosen ( The four bolts you can see from the top of the engine.) Then water comes in for the cooling water for the exhaust. Note: DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THESES FOUR BOLTS.
IF YOU DO YOU CAN BREAK THE U BACRKET FRANGE I try to post pictures of bolts that can break or loosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back