2006 GTI Broken Timing Chain @ 47 Hrs. Any Suggestions?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry brock1, you're right. It's just that keltonks has been alot of fun for us and it's hard not to take a stick and poke at him a little bit.:cheers:

no problem BUD i know what you mean its fun to mess with the doctorate guys that buy stuff and think that they will never have to fix it !!!! SEADOO does have issues and i will be the first to admit that to ya.... if seadoo were perfect we would not have a seadoo forum to discuss the issues we have and try to resolve them without dealers right..... no harm done he just likes to argue and if we keep him going he will never stop.. have a good one sir and be safe riding :coolgleam:

Thanks for the kind words. I do not think I will be doing any "safe riding" on a SEA DOO PWC from here on out. From my experience riding a SEA DOO PWC is not safe. I was just lucky that I was only 100 yards from shore when the GTI broke down with my 12 and 13 year old children and I on board. And just for the ad nauseum effect, I did not expect that I would never have to pay for repairs to the PWC. I just did not expect to have to pay $2,300.00 for major engine repairs to a SEA DOO PWC with only 47 hours of NON-ABUSIVE use during my first two months of ownership. I would expect to pay for repairs to a ten year old PWC with 300 hours which has been beat and abused, whether it was a Sea Doo or not. I would expect to have to possibly pay for minor repairs to the SEA DOO GTI which I purchased after owning it for a while, BUT I DID NOT EXPECT TO HAVE TO PAY $2,300.00 FOR A MAJOR ENGINE OVERHAUL WITHIN TWO MONTHS OF MY PURCHASE OF A NON-ABUSED SEA DOO GTI WHICH ONLY HAD 47 HOURS. It's that simple, and those are the facts whether or not you want to believe them or accept them.

From what I gather from all of your comments is:

WITHIN TWO MONTHS AFTER THE DATE OF PURCHASE, A PERSON WHO PURCHASES A SEA DOO PRODUCT SHOULD BE PREPARED TO HAVE TO PAY FOR A MAJOR ENGINE OVERHAUL WHICH COSTS THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.

THAT MEANS:

(1) A PERSON WHO PURCHASES A SEA DOO PRODUCT SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY WEALTHY SO THAT HAVING TO PAY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR A MAJOR ENGINE OVERHAUL OF THE SEA DOO PRODUCT IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE TO THEM; OR

(2) A PERSON WHO PURCHASES A SEA DOO PRODUCT SHOULD BE A MECHANIC SKILLED IN WATERCRAFT REPAIR WHO HAS ALL OF THE PROPER DIAGNOSTIC EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE AND ALL OF THE NECESSARY TOOLS SO THAT HE/SHE CAN OVERHAUL THE SEA DOO PRODUCT'S ENGINE HIMSELF/HERSELF WHEN IT BREAKS (AND OF COURSE WHO CAN AFFORD TO PAY FOR THE PARTS); OR

(3) A PERSON WHO PURCHASES A SEA DOO PRODUCT SHOULD PURCHASE ONE BRAND NEW WITH A WARRANTY, AND THEN SELL THE SEA DOO PRODUCT TO SOME POOR SUCKER WHEN THE WARRANTY EXPIRES.

That's what owing a SEA DOO product is all about, Charlie Brown.

I have made the decision to sell the SEA DOO GTI as I cannot stomach having to invest almost as much in it as the PWC is worth in order to make it function after less than two months of use by me. I am entertaining offers.

since you are not a very good salesman and have made your product seem worthless and "a pile of junk" Ill be the poor sucker you sell it too that will have about 200-250 more hours of enjoyable time after i fix it myself very cheap ................$700.00 and ill come get it tomorrow hows that sound buddy

What a deal! You pay me $700 for the GTI, put $500 worth of necessary parts in it (an honest quote for the parts that still need to be replaced) and you have a practically new 2006 GTI for $1,200 and 20 minutes of your time! That deal is almost too good to be true. You are an astute businessman, but unfortunately I cannot accept your offer. As much as I despise owning the GTI, I will part the hull and other pieces out before I accept an offer as low as $700.00. Other SEA DOO owners who are mechanically inclined and intend to repair the GTI themselves have offered me more than $700.00. It seems that SEA DOO PWCs break all the time, so replacement parts are in high demand.

Have you heard about SEA DOO recalling their 2011 PWCs because of timing chain problems? That is another example of their high quality product! While it is great that SEA DOO is admitting that the timing chains on their current models are defective, it is unfortunate, especially for me, that they won't admit that the timing chains on their past production models are also deficient and worthy of manufacturer's replacement.

Here, Ill put in my 2 cents in the cluster**** of a thread... If you buy something like a car, truck, motorcycle, atv, boat, pwc, etc, and you don't think it will ever break, you are wrong. If you cant afford to fix problems which are bound to show up down the road, you need to find a cheaper hobby.

I'll add my $1.00 to the 2 cents.

If you buy a supposed quality PWC like a SEA DOO with only 30 hours you don't expect it to break WITHIN 60 DAYS OF YOUR PURCHASE.

If you can't afford to spend more than one-half as much as you spent to purchase the SEA DOIO PWC to fix it and make it operable after owning it less than two months, then you are in the same category as 95% of the populace of the United States.

And what you are saying, if I am correct, is that WITH A SEA DOO PWC A BROKEN TIMING CHAIN IS "BOUND TO SHOW UP DOWN THE ROAD." For some of us less fortunate owners "down the road" is two months after our purchase of the PWC. For some of the more fortunate owners it is further down the road in time.

But, according to the wise "two-cent" sage above, WITH SEA DOO PWCS A BROKEN TIMING CHAIN WHICH COSTS THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO FIX IS SOMETHING THAT IS BOUND TO HAPPEN.

That is a statement, from a forum member, with which I totally agree.

I'll add my $1.00 to the 2 cents.

If you buy a supposed quality PWC like a SEA DOO with only 30 hours you don't expect it to break WITHIN 60 DAYS OF YOUR PURCHASE.

If you can't afford to spend more than one-half as much as you spent to purchase the SEA DOIO PWC to fix it and make it operable after owning it less than two months, then you are in the same category as 95% of the populace of the United States.

And what you are saying, if I am correct, is that WITH A SEA DOO PWC A BROKEN TIMING CHAIN IS "BOUND TO SHOW UP DOWN THE ROAD." For some of us less fortunate owners "down the road" is two months after our purchase of the PWC. For some of the more fortunate owners it is further down the road in time.

But, according to the wise "two-cent" sage above, WITH SEA DOO PWCS A BROKEN TIMING CHAIN WHICH COSTS THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO FIX IS SOMETHING THAT IS BOUND TO HAPPEN.

That is a statement, from a forum member, with which I totally agree.

Why do you keep repeating yourself? We are all sorry that this happened to you. But to continue making yourself look like an ass is really dumb. Just get rid of the thing and buy from another brand and hopefully it lasts you a long time. But if you dont want to pay to repair the thing than dont think about buying one because there is always a chance for something to happen to any ski out there.

I can feed the flame myself. Moderators haven't taken me off yet. I don't swear, and I try and be as polite as I can possibly be. I just want people to read the thread and come to their own conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back