2005 Sportster 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

spinneroo

Hi All, I recently purchased a Sportster and wanted to introduce myself. I am new to jet boats but looking forward to having fun with it. PO seems to have rebuilt the turbo and top end service done prior to selling.

There are a few things I need to take care of. The bilge pump burns through fuses everytime. Pulled it out and doesnt seem like there are any obstructions or anything but its old. Just going to replace it with a new one for peace of mind. Installing a bimini since it didnt come with one.

I would greatly appreciate pointers on the following fixes I need to do.

1. None of the gauges other than the fuel gauge work. Are there any aftermarket ones that are compatible with the boat. OEM ones cost an arm and a leg. Not looking to spend almost a grand replacing gauges.

2. The engine cover release handle was broken at some point and only a nub is there in its place. I am currently using a plier to release. Is there a replacement I can get without having to change the entire cable?

3. The seats are missing several darts. Are there any non-oem replacements that would work? Each dart is about $7. Seems nuts to spend that much on a piece of plastic retainer and not to mention I need about 30.

Thanks in advance and looking fwd to having fun on the boat.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the boat. I have the same boat basically, just a 2011 version.

Not sure if your bilge pump is a Rule Mate RM500 like mine but replacing it is easy if you buy another RM500 because the basket is riveted to the hull. You would leave the other one there and snap in the new pump Assy. I replaced the fuse with a 5 amp because that is what the new pumps recommend.

As for the gauges, check the wiring and fuses for them. BRP most likely didn't make them so you may be able to find alternatives.

To my knowledge you have to buy the complete release cable kit for the engine release.

I am looking to add a bimi to mine as well

Thank you for the info. Mine is a Rule Mate 500 as well but the newer models dont seem to have the same bucket size. I have to remove the old one and install the new one I suppose. I plan to epoxy the basket instead of drilling holes. Perhaps, I am just paranoid :)

You are not paranoid. I ordered mine from the dealer and paid through the A$$ for it to avoid all of that. If you are going to epoxy it I would push it back off of the bulkhead as it is lower. In current position, the sensor mark on it is high enough that the water touches the bottom of the block and comes very close to the SC inlet.

Great suggestion. Thank you. I was wondering about it as well. Hopefully, the existing line is long enough for it go an additional 6 to 8 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back